Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Update

Tony and I saw the midwife yesterday morning. She said that the 2 cm dialation estimate that I was given last week was generous. :) But at least I'm still a little dialated. She had us go in for an ultrasound to check up on AnnaLynn. Basically to make sure she was doing well, moving, and that the fluid level was high enough for us to continue to let her stay put while she wanted. The ultrasound tech said everything looked good. The fluid is at 13 and she said anywhere from 5-20 is good. So, as far as I know, we will continue as things are going.

The midwife told us that we could ultimately go as long as we wanted without being induced, but that they recommend doing it before 42 weeks because statistically the babies are healthier than if you wait longer. We spoke with her about this for a while and Tony and I were both comfortable when we decided to schedule a date after this coming weekend. So, if AnnaLynn hasn't come on her own by Monday night (I will be 41 weeks and 5 days then) we will check into the hospital (around 10 pm) and they will start me slowly on Pitocin (the devil) to start contractions. The midwife said once they have the contractions and dialation where they want it they will turn off the Pitocin and let me go on my own from there. This is all in theory since she may decide to come before then, which is what we are praying for. If we do go in Monday night, then she will be born sometime Tuesday. So, that's the latest that we will have to wait for AnnaLynn. I guess if she still wants a say in when her birthday will be, she needs to make that decision between now and then. :)

The midwife helped answer our many questions. She was very reassuring and we both felt comfortable with what we decided on. Let's just see what happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment